View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
goroke
goroke began at the beginning.

Device: none
small caps problem in Sigil

I've been fighting with this for a couple of weeks, now... I had given up for a while and done the usual work-around, but tonight I got annoyed and started trouble-shooting -- and I found what is tripping the problem.

I have this huge CSS that I use for almost everything, and I keep adding things in as I run into new styles I want to use. When I added the code for small caps, most of the page went small caps; it didn't stop with the </span> tag. And it was random, changing as I zoomed in and out. And it wasn't just the display on Sigil -- when I opened the saved file in Calibre's e-book reader, the same problem carried over. The code for this is standard:

span.smcap
{
font-variant: small-caps; }

So I built a new style sheet, definition by definition, and with a bare minimum everything looked fine with the small caps. When I added in my basic paragraph definition, the problem was there again. It's not a complex definition. Here's the code:

p
{
margin: 0em;
margin-top: 0em;
margin-bottom: 0em;
text-indent: 1.5em;
text-align: justify; }

First I removed the margin and indent lines all at once, but the problem was still there. So I put them back and took out the justification line -- and the problem disappeared.

So now that I know the what of the problem, can anyone explain the how? And is there any way to fix this?
goroke is offline   Reply With Quote