View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #28
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Store appears open today. Unfortunately the only free books I can find are the Public Domain books and really the only cheap books I can find don't interest me much, so I'm having a hard time checking it out.

It does appear that you can download an ePub file. The Public Domain book I tried was just a straight download with no DRM. I'm sure the copyright book will have some sort of DRM attached but I can't say what as of yet.

I'm not sure I fully comprehend what has all the "expert analysts" so in a tizzy over this.

It looks to me to be the exact same catalog of books as what is already widely available from numerous stores at the exact same prices. What exactly does "Browser Reading from the cloud" gain anybody over Application or Digital Reader (Kindle, nook, etc) reading because I just don't get it. And most of all, what exactly took them years upon years to get this going?

Yet I've read 3 articles today proclaiming this to be a revolution! Is it just a big name with big bucks that could probably actually fight Amazon on the financial level if they want to? Is that the excitement?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote