View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #425
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
A NEW IDEA FOR A PLUGIN

I have a column titled Release Date. Whenever there is a book I’m particularly interested in that has yet to be released I’ll put an empty book in and put its release date in that column. Then I try to remember to check that column every once in the while. Once I’ve purchased the book I take the release date out and add the book into the blank entry.

Somewhere in here is a couple of ideas for a plugin.

1. The first idea is a plugin that based on the date in that column (or a date that is entered some other way) turns the row red when that date arrives and keeps it red until you let it know (somehow) that the book has been purchased. It would be nice to have the icon on the toolbar change color to let you know that a new book has been released.

2. The second idea for a plugin would be would allow you to enter a list of authors and each time caliber is started up the plugin would reach out to Barnes and Noble or Amazon or both and let you know if a new book has been set for release. The user can then select from the list interested/not interested and then the plugin would let you know when that book has actually been released. Again in addition to the popup list it would be great if the icon on the toolbar would change color when there were new books set for release until the user selected interested/not interested, and also when the book was released until the user indicated the book had been purchased.

I'm not a programmer. I have no idea how any of this would be accomplished. But I really like the idea of Calibre working with me for new books.

Thanks
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote