View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #97
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyJ View Post
Adoby - Thanks. After my original post, I decided to go back to my dual-boot Win7 x64 setup (same PC of course, same memory, etc). I had never used the Calibre x64 there. I updated Calibre to v9.13 and then installed x64 v9.13. Everything worked great using x64 in Win7!

While that doesn't 'prove' it is not the memory, it is unlikely to be a memory issue. And yes, I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no problems were found.

And no, no overclocking setup yet, tho my BIOS supports it and I am itching to play with it, LoL. I had played with it a bit in Win7 using the Gigabyte Easytune setup, but soon thereafter I got Win8 and a new SSD and just haven't had time to play around with it yet.

So it works in Win7 x64 but not Win8 x64, yet the x32 version works in both just fine.
Run MEMTEST86+ (an ISO is available to make a bootable CD. Also on UBUNTU Live CD).
It will grind away for Hours per pass, 2 passes usuallYsurfaces problems
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote