View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #80
Dweia
Dweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I downloaded the file -- thanks for the link. You post made me MORE confused.
Apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster
It can get confusing, and your symptoms do not match anything I have seen. Are you sure you are not confusing main and diags partitions here?
Very sure, yes. I put in BOTH partitions identical content in /usr/local - consisting of a "dropbearmulti" binary, several symlinks to it and an RSA-key in the "etc" subdirectory. For the Main-partition, everything is and stays Ok - for the Diags-partition, all three subdirectories get "at some point" lost. Still need to figure out when exactly - but it must be somewhere between leaving Diags and restarting into Main. (Since while still in Diags, I can use the SSH-login... After booting to Main, the files are gone)

***** looking through "my" diags-partition *****
  • data.tar.gz won't work due to changed "/etc/upstart/userstore" - also it seems to be planned for future firmwares to not work in main-mode, though "something new" might work even then. Seems like packages or "bundles" need to be signed at some point... We'll see when or if it happens.
  • haven't yet found anything that points to deletion of /usr/local/ ...
  • mntus.params is in principle in the same location, but has (at least) two more parameters, which might not be necessary as long as the FAT32-partition already exists.

Not yet very helpful, but all I can do without going a couple times per SSH into the Kindle and rebooting a few dozen times. Will try that in a few days, I guess.

Greetings,
Dweia
Dweia is offline   Reply With Quote