View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Sure, perfection is too much to expect, but should my kindle copy of Gene Wolfe's "On Blue's Water" really keep confusing "needler" (the name of a type of firearm,) with "needier"? Obviously, this is an OCR problem that apparently no one saw, and it doesn't happen once. I'd say more often than not the wrong word is used. I found a pirated version of another book in the series that had the same type of mistakes. Also, in the paper version of the book, hyphens are used to break words up, but in the kindle version, these words remain hyphenated even if they no longer occur at the end of a line. It's hard to chalk this up to anything other than either laziness or apathy. And yes, the kindle version cost more than the paperback version.
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote