View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Not exactly on topic, but close...

Is there a way to show that a book is a member of more than one series? An example is "Tarzan at the Earth's Core" which is 13th in the Tarzan series and 4th in the Pellucidar series.
I generally consider it part of the Pellucidar series despite the main character because it's a necessary part of the Pellucidar chronology. If I recall correctly (it's been a while since I read it), you could remove it from the Tarzan series completely and not miss it.

But you're right; this is a great example of the weakness of the Series/Subseries system. Since it's the only time I've encountered this crossover situation, I haven't put too much thought into it.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote