View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #29
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
(:- | )
I actually responded to Strategist's posts last Saturday but made the mistake of doing so not in Safari but Firefox, which promptly erased what I'd written. I was too pressed for time (I had a reading that night) and too frustrated to want to type it all over again.

The gist was that my response was not laden with "cynicism," as Strategist originally wrote, because I stated I expected the answer to my question would be honest. A cynic would assume Strategist couldn't be trusted and neither could their answers.

However, Strategist's conclusion that Mobile Read had to be an awful place because my response proved unsatisfactory really was cynical -- both in its assumption of nasty motives on my part and in its condemnation of every other member of Mobile Read based on that assumption.

The deleted post also made the straw man argument that I'd said Strategist's post count determined the value of the posts themselves. The actual point was that, out of four of Strategist's posts, two were questions about using calibre with Kobo e-readers and the other two were ringing endorsements of Kobo on a thread devoted to complaints.

Post count was only relevant because of the possibility that a brand-new member who chose to post repeatedly about the virtues of a given product might be employed by the makers of that product.

Every moderator on MR asks the same sort of question and I've never taken offense when it was asked of me by anyone whether they were moderators or not.

A fair response would have been to say, "No I don't work for Kobo," and to leave it at that.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-08-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote