View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What you really want is http://www.meetearl.com/. But, they haven't been released yet.

I think any of the current front-lit readers will do. I haven't heard of any being waterproof, but my Kobo Glo has been splashed without any problems occurring.

For the battery life, they seem to quote roughly the same. And they are based on about 30 minutes reading per day. So the claim of two months is questionable. I have gone about 40 hours reading with my Glo, but usually connect more often.

One thing to consider is the type of touch screen. Some use a capacitance based screen and some use IR. The latter works better with gloves.

As to specific devices, the Kobo Glo or Kobo Aura would be good for you. They have the same size and resolution screen, but the Aura is a more compact. It has flush screen and uses capacitive touch rather than the IR of the Glo. If you weren't after a lit device, I would suggest the 5" Kobo Mini.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote