View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #62
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
It has to do largely with the final book, and the last few chapters. I am somewhat hesitant to give away too much because it revolves around some of Harry's final actions, and the results of those actions. He is his mother's son. (Maybe another thread so no accidental spoilers? And I don't want to go too far afield this early in this thread.)
I give you full credit for reading the series because the sect you belong to is against it, to see for yourself what the books say. That's a rare attitude anywhere. And I'm pleased you found them worthy.

That said, you can find just about anything in anything if you strain hard enough, and I can't help feeling you are seeing Christian themes more because you really want them to be there than because they truly exist.

I'm curious: if you had read the series, and had not found what you consider to be evidence of Christian underpinnings, what would your opinion have been?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote