View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #64
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you buy cheap rubbish, yes, but not if you buy a decent brand.
I think I have to google, cannot argue about it.

I tried at least 5 different Twinings teas, 2 Yorkshire teas, Lipton, 2 teas from ASDA and Tetley tea bags.
My opinion about their quality is in my first post in this topic
The only one I wanted but I didn't try yet is Ahmad tea bags. They are very pricy for tea bags
I have their loose tea when I want a good black tea and I usually add 5-6 small leaves of Ahmad's Earl Gray (that I normally don't like except in very tiny proportions).

What I find as oddity is that Lipton(black) and Ahmad teas you cannot buy in high street supermarkets such as Tesco, M&S, Sainsburys, Waitrose etc. They are made only for export and considered to be one of the best English teas but you cannot buy them? You can find them only in T&K Maxx, Duty Free or souvenir shops.

I didn't "force myself" to like tea the way I prefer to drink it (in daily life I still use tea bags, I cannot afford to brew tea at work ). Just like I don't "force myself" to drink coffee, because I dislike its taste. It is more a matter of learning a bit of the drink you like and try it the way other people drink, especially people who actually grow it up and produce it. I don't want to say that tea with milk is not a yummy drink(although, I don't really like it, only when I have fever). However, it is definitely not a tea drink as it was devised many generations ago by people who discovered it. So, when you start adding milk, sugar, honey, lemon etc., it is just a nice drink but not tea as Tea as I understand it.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote