View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #21
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda
Nathan,
Don't know all of these but IMHO "The Speed of Dark" is good but somewhat depressing. I identified strongly with the main character though so that may have been why.

Also Moon is a great writer but "Remnant Population" was one I just couldn't get into.
I more or less expected Speed of Dark to be a bit (don't pardon the pun) dark and dreary, and I've turned away from Remnant Population a couple of times in the past. My wife is doing PhD work at the same university that Moon went to (Rice University, that is) and they spotlighted her in the last Alumni magazine. The synopsese of those books sparked my interest, and, hey, I had 50 free dollars to spend.

I really liked Moon's Familias Regnant series (that was before I started reading Weber's Honor Harrington series, they seem a bit flat by comparison), and The Deed of Paksenarrion was most excellent to me. I thought I'd branch out a bit more in her works. I'm not sure about the Trading in Danger series, it doesn't look terribly interesting to me, but I'll give it a go, perhaps I'll love it and have to have the rest of them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote