View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #477
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Ok sooo this hack was working fine when I first tried, it but now it's started displaying the first book I read and wouldn't show the current one. So I used the "update_linkss_0.7.N_uninstall.bin" and then reinstalled the hack, I also converted my book covers to 758x1024 (24bit) and embedded them in the ebook using calibre to re-convert the mobi files. Now when I put the kindle into sleep mode I get a blank screen and if I look into my linkss/screensavers folder there is indeed a "bg_medium_ss00" blank white png image that's been generated. I know the cover is the correct size/file type because if I drop a .png cover of the book into the screensavers folder it displays correctly.
I'm using a Kindle PW with "kpw_jb_520-531"
I installed "kindle-python-0.3.N" then "kindle-linkss-0.7.N"
I have dropped cover file into the linkss folder.
I have the "Recent books" option selected on my kindle menu.
I've tried restarts and shutdown restarts but to no avail, is there any files left over from an "0.7.N_uninstall.bin" that I need to manually delete ?

Thanks.

Last edited by gargoyle67; 03-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote