View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #71
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I knew it used the Neonode, but not that the lack of multitouch was a limitation of the Kobo firmware.

I do find it curious how they emphasize the lack of 'glass' for the touchscreen (so as to compare it to a tablet or smartphone), without addressing the fragility of the glass-based eInk products, which this appears to be. Unless we can get a clear confirmation they're not using the glass substrate.
If I recall correctly, Sameer said in another thread that they are using a glass substrate screen. The "no glass" thing refers to the lack of a glass touch/light layer on top of the screen (which can cause readability problems).
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote