View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
That was interesting. Thanks for the link. He gets a bit long-winded and his definition of information feels like he's dodging the issue that a book has intrinsic value. Just because you strip the physical wrapper of a p-book does not mean its value as bits is altered, just more easily distributed.

He has a fallacy in saying "Intellectual property law cannot be patched, retrofitted, or expanded to contain the gasses of digitized expression ..." I think he is confounding law with enforcement. Although if enforcement is impossible then a given law is meaningless.

On the other hand, we are gaining technologies and processing power such that the government COULD sniff all packets flying about the country and block unauthorized transmissions. I'm not saying it would be a good thing. There would also continue an encryption war, trying to hide the contents of darknet downloads. But I believe it is, or will soon be, possible. Have you seen the latest stuff that identifies similar photographs? Pretty amazing stuff.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote