Thread: PRS-950 Screen size
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
I have both the 650 and 950 and am going to see which one I like and return the other. I am leaning towards keeping the 650, as for general reading, the 950 is a bit too long and narrow. For me, the added wifi and cell capability are useless -- I'd rather go through a computer. Certainly, the 950 does not begin to compare to something like the iPad for web surfing. Both devices seem very well-made and designed, and, aside from wireless connectivity, seem to have the identical software. Another thing: the case with light works well on the 650. I don't have one for the 950, but I suspect the device is too long for the light (which seems identical to the one on the 650 case) and that the whole screen would not be readable. The main advantage of the 950 for me is that you don't have to turn pages as often, but its form factor is certainly less comfortable than the 650's.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote