View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't think there is anything like what you want available. LoneTech put together a QEMU-based image for building PB programs quite a few years ago, but the guest OS is ARM-based, and the SDK has moved on since then. No one has put together a Windows or Linux guest, probably because those things tend to be quite large and difficult to distribute (as well as illegal for the Windows OS).

There is also no IDE for developing PB applications that I know of, so I don't think you can currently build by clicking a button. It's all command-line based, using either Make or CMake files.

If you build your own Linux-based guest, and want to be able to make the emulated applications (that can run on the guest itself rather than the ereader), then you should probably use Ubuntu 10.10 for that, since the emulation library depends on a particular version of libcurl found there. You can get it working on other distributions, but it's a pain.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote