View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
I've just followed, to the letter, the instructions on how to get Calibre to talk to iTunes so I can download recipes, convert them and send them to "device".

I'm running an iPad 3 (iOS6) with the latest iTunes and the current build of Calibre.

Calibre and iTunes are talking. However, the ebooks aren't appearing in iBooks.

In iTunes, the left pane, Library - Books, the new books are shown. However, under Devices - iPad - Books, the new books aren't being displayed.

I take from this that from the library to the device, something is broken, but I don't know what, or where to look to fix it.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

Thanks.
After transferring the books from calibre to iTunes, you need to transfer them from iTunes to your iDevice. The simplest way is to drag them from the LIBRARY|Books window to the DEVICES icon representing your connected iDevice. You can also use the File|Sync command, but that may involve more decision-making.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote