View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I don't buy all my favorite authors in hardcover-- some I get at the library-- but the top six on my list plus a few others I do tend to buy in HC as soon as they come out, and for many of the others, I used to buy MMPBs and currently try to buy ebooks as soon as they become available. Also, I've been reading Patricia Briggs this year, so she might go on the list too.

The last McCaffrey I read that I really liked was The Masterharper of Pern. I was traveling and desperate for something to read, and saw it in MMPB in a supermarket, of all places. It was much better than the previous few books of hers that I'd read. The most recent Mercedes Lackey that I liked was Exile's Honor, I think. The first of that pair, whichever one it was. (The second one had too much Mary Sue in it for me.)

J.K. Rowling would have been on the list, but she's done for the moment, I guess. I suppose I'd look into whatever else she might write if and when she eventually does. I also haven't included older authors whose works I'm still collecting, like Clifford D. Simak or Rumer Godden.

Oh, and Richard P. Feynman. But again, he's no longer among the living (sniff).
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote