View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
kbs
kbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-books

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
My (rooted) Nook usage

It's coming up to about 3 weeks of usage now; and mostly using the rooted Nook to have fun coding (thanks for the plug stangri!) and by a happy synergy of interests, conveniently get books from various Stanza catalogs, primarily feedbooks (what a great collection) and the occasional longer length article from news feeds. But most headline-type feeds I still just skim through from an iPhone -- for one thing, it's a hassle to conveniently get wifi connected with the Nook.

There's also times when there's just a lot of content on a web page that I prefer to read more carefully (for example the 2010 edge question) and these I bundle into an epub and sideload into the Nook (but this has nothing to do with the root'edness of my Nook

The book management on the Nook is still pretty rudimentary, and besides organizing books better, it would be neat to hook it up with online cataloging sites like LibraryThing to exchange reviews/commentaries/more recommendations as one reads a book. I don't know that B&N will find every wacky idea the best way to improve the Nook, but of course, rooting it at least opens up the possibility of non B&N apps filling in the gaps...

-kb
kbs is offline   Reply With Quote