View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #74
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
However, in nods to posts by Katsunami and montalex, I also think that even with Alf etc., there are formats undreamed of, and that today's ebooks could easily seem like those shelves full of videotaped movies which now reside at the dump. And those books which were bought for retirement in an earlier format, which are crumbling away anyway even if I were willing to try to focus on the aforementioned tiny, tiny font, have joined them.
Epub, unlike videotapes or print, is in a very readily convertable format already, which makes it a fair bit more future-proof. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that The Next Format, when it comes along, will have tools available to convert my current epubs into it as a batch without any particular trouble.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote