View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #72
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I look forward to having more time to read after retirement. By that time, I will probably have accumulated so many books, I'm not sure it will make a dent in the TBR anyway. I don't purposefully "hoard" them for retirement. Mostly if I see a good deal, I like to snap it up. I read most of my books from the library so I don't fear not having enough income to buy books.

My father, a life-long reader, developed Alzheimer's a few years after retirement. After a while, he was unable to follow plot and character names in books well enough to enjoy them. Remember that episode of the Twilight Zone, with the guy who just wanted to be alone with his books, and when he finally is, he breaks his glasses???

I also love to travel, never have the time, and I really hope I have the means and the health to travel in my retirement.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote