View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #68
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
However, in nods to posts by Katsunami and montalex, I also think that even with Alf etc., there are formats undreamed of, and that today's ebooks could easily seem like those shelves full of videotaped movies which now reside at the dump.

I don't see the point in buying for more than ten years out, and even that's a long time. I figure that by then, ebooks will still be readable, but will have been superceded by something even better.
I actually can't think of anything better, except for improving the reading experience itself, by more customization options, such as a front-light you can set from white all the way to yellow. (Maybe even by Kelvin scale, like a computer monitor.)

Personally I don't consider things such as animations, video's, sounds and smells in e-books an improvement. In that case it's not a book anymore. It becomes multimedia, and a tablet can already do that if needed.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote