View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #103
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Are you complaining about the correction, or about the way it was done?

If you're complaining about the way, fair enough. There are polite and impolite ways to do it.

If you're saying the correction shouldn't be made at all, then...uh...no...this is English we're using here, and we DO have different words that mean different things for the different types of lighting. Just as if we were speaking a language where there was only one word, it would be proper to inform a native English speaker of that fact if they weren't aware of it.

Learning is good.
I strictly meant how it was done. It sounded like "go educate yourself because what you're asking for doesn't exist" (neither polite nor helpful I find) I actually took this opportunity here and now, without pointing fingers at particular person, to state the fact that non English newbies mean the same thing but for a lack of equvalent word will use direct translation from their language. It is a cultural and linguistic difference. And I would not expect a newbie to be able to inform an English native a particular word doesn't exist if their English skills are already lacking.

Anyway all I am asking, not complaining, in the name of present and future newbies, is for native English speakers to consider and remember that some languages don't have the equivalent of "fronlit". You will be asked in future ad nauseam about "backlit ereader" when in fact what they mean is as described by a poster above "ereader with light". And no they won't mean tablets.
Just my 3 eurocents.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote