View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
I really liked these, but I'm not sure I'd use the adjective "exciting" when describing them. Although I know the first three are often lumped together as a trilogy, whenever I think of Earthsea I think of the full series of six books.
Agreed about how "exciting" they are, but I really liked the first 3 and they have always kept me turning pages. I haven't read the others yet. The last three were all written much later than the originals, 1968-1972 vs 1990 and 2001, so I have been concerned that the newer ones won't mesh well with the originals.

stop__dreaming: Any particular reason you are looking specifically for trilogies? Will any series work provided the individual volumes are within your length guidelines?

The Riftwar books are excellent, although it has been a couple decades since I read the last two. Magician* can be read as a stand-alone book if desired.

(*Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master were originally published together but have been separated in many versions to reduce the length, at least in the US.)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote