View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
The main collection is 9000 words, 4 stories each about 2250 words long.

Heart of Rock may be 4000 words, if I'm lucky. The original intent was to be 10,000 words, but it's coming out much shorter. When I try to add to it, I feel like I'm padding rather than adding value.

I have no budget for artwork. I'm hoping to get spot artwork for the original 4 stories, but the artist is doing it for free, and so far hasn't felt inspired to get to work yet. I have one artist friend who is doing the cover art for Dragons and Dreams for free, but he's very busy and other than seeing the rough sketch for the artwork, I haven't heard from him in weeks.

Most of the artists I've talked with seem to want $300+ per drawing, and I just can't afford that. I'm not expecting this thing to sell thousands of copies - I feel I'll be doing well to sell tens of copies! I just don't know what kind of market there is for old-time fairy stories.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote