View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Strange things happening after Kindle update

Ok, so I updated my Kindle to 1.0.4 and it's been acting strange ever since. It freezes every now and then. Another weird thing happened when a purchased book just "disappeared" without me deleting it--I had to actually re-download it.

I could live with it being a bit quirky until the official next update came out, but now I realize that the Kindle doesn't show up on my Mac as a drive any more. I tried it on several computers and I get the same result.

Luckily, the SD card shows up just fine when it's in the Kindle, so I have been able to add and delete stuff easily, but the main Kindle drive is off-limits to me for the time being.

Anyone know of a way that I can get back to 1.0? Or should I just wait until the next official update? I don't want to take a chance on bricking it since it works now, just not as fully functional as it was.

Last edited by tsgreer; 02-21-2008 at 10:15 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote