View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #65
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
So what's the verdict? Are those with two or more unsatisfactory replacements going to throw in the towel and return them for a refund? Or, will you wait closer to the 30-day window to detect further degradation, improvement or color changes?

Remember the mood rings years ago that changed colors? That's what I'm calling my PW -- Mood Kindle. It's detecting mine -- bad.
I cannot here mention most of the names I'm calling my PW these days!

Quite frankly though, from the same era as the mood rings I also remember the pet rock, and I'm not sure my PW is much more functional than the pet rocks were.

I really cannot think of a good alternative to the PW, other than just keep using my Touch with its golden-tan screen. If the Fire HD had a Kindle app as good or nearly as good as the PW firmware, then I would consider that as an option. But the original Fire I had used a nearly featureless Kindle app, so I doubt they have improved it that much in the past few months.

So I guess for now i'll hang on to my replacement and see if it improves. If not I'll just return it. No more replacements for me.