View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If you use Calibre to manage your ebook library, then converting from epub to awz/mobi is pretty inconsequential, as Calibre makes it so easy. New books I add are now just routinely converted to both formats, but most of my library are awz/mobi and I haven't bothered doing anything with them as Calibre just converts them to epub for me when I tell it to transfer them to my 350.

I like the ease of being able to buy books and get them sent directly to my Kindle occasionally, and I don't think anything beats the Amazon ecosystem for the ease of doing that. But the cloud storage and wireless delivery of ebooks is a big selling point for Amazon, so I agree with what you say Plumadona, I can't understand why Sony haven't highlighted that ease they have with library books - it really is a unique selling point for them?! Especially outside of the US where libraries tend to use epub format so can't technically use a Kindle for that purpose (without knowing some 'tricks').

Also can't really understand why they've decided to ignore the US market. Sure the T3 has limited appeal now, but do they really have anything to lose by making it available?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote