View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Chrich70: There is one thing you are forgetting:

The epic lameness of some people.

I've seen people build a desktop computer costing €2000, and then running a cracked version of Windows 7 on it (€89 for a Home Premium OEM), having to re-install / re-crack each time the OS is updated. Couldn't they not have built a computer costing €1911, and then buy Windows along with it?

Even worse. People buying a €1500 notebook, running Windows 8, and then using a cracked version of Stardock Start8 (€5), even though there are similar alternatives such as classic shell.

Think you've hit rock bottom? Think again. I know some people who go to great lenghts, such as searching for 4 hours, to find a full version of an Android application they want, on the internet. The app costs like €1. Those people are "working" HOURS, to save €1.

Epic lameness trumps all. There are quite a lot of people who are of the opinion that if it is digital, it can be pirated and therefore SHOULD be pirated to save money, whatever the cost.

Saving €1, or even €5 or €10 if it takes me a day to do it, then that's a very bad deal, except if you have both no money whatsoever (and no income) and unlimited time.

Too true
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote