View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Uhh... Those Books are by Terry PRATCHETT, not Terry Brooks. However I would second the suggestion, and would in fact recommend any book by that author
How embarrassing. Yes, Terry Pratchett, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Would also recommand Takashi's other series such as Uranasi Yatsuri and INa Yashu. Also, Most of her series are also available as Anime, and if you are getting her a netflix subscription, she could probably get those series.
My younger daughter loves Inu Yasha. For more manga suggestions, I'd suggest checking the "Shoujo Beat" magazine and publishing house. And I agree on both The Blue Sword and the companion book, The Hero and the Crown.

Kristin Brittain has also written some romantic fantasy, much like the Mercedes Lackey books in many ways.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote