View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #12949
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Just finished reading Barnburner, by Sharon Lee (co-author of the Liaden series). This is the first of two mysteries set in the fictional town of Whimsy, Maine in the late 1980's. The protagonist is Jen Pierce, a reporter on the local newspaper.

These are short reads (~180 pages), but like everything Ms. Lee writes it is well crafted and well written. The computer/BBS stuff is true to its era, but obviously dated by today's technology, and small town, independent, newspapers like this are certainly rare today, but overall the book is an excellent read and I'm looking forward to the second one, Gunshy. Definitely recommended.
And now have finished Gunshy, the second of the two Jen Pierce/Maine mysteries. I enjoyed it, but it left me sad that this series got dropped and never continued. I'd very much have liked to see how the characters developed. None the less, definitely recommended.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote