View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[QUOTE=dwig;2028474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
What can I do? How can I give them the Kindle as a gift WITH the ebook on it?
.../QUOTE]
  1. Call Amazon Customer Service to see if you can return the ebook you purchased. If the purchase is recent enough you may be able to.
  2. Establish an Amazon account for your friend and register the new Kindle to that account.
  3. Using your Amazon account, re-purchase the book but use the Give As Gift button, following the onscreen instructions, to send the purchase to his account's cloud.
  4. Using the new Kindle, do a Check and Download Items to download the new book.

If there is no credit card associated with the new account you create for your friend they won't be able to make purchases without providing a card # at the time of the purchase.
Thanks for this, I hadn't realised there was a Give As Gift button, sounds pretty cool I will be using this in the future. Thanks for your help!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote