View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
jttraverse
Enthusiast
jttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it is

Device: none
Display images full-screen?

After some amount of hacking at this I'm looking for some help on how to display an image on a device (iPad, smartphones, etc.) in full-screen mode. Specifically, I'd like to link to a picture from in an ePub format book, and have the picture opened up by the device or reader and displayed as it would any normal image. The point is to not have the ePub reader app treat the picture as an embedded image and in so doing lock the image size so it cannot be zoomed.

Fwiw, on my HTC EVO, images can be viewed with either the built-in image viewer capability or the "ES Image Browser". The ES app opens the image but you cannot then zoom in on the image. If I look at the same picture using the built-in "View image" option then I can zoom in on the image perfectly. I've been told that on the iPad it is possible to zoom on images embedded in ePub docs, though I don't have an iPad to try it. So it may be something that has to do with the eReader app being used.

My goal is simply to have illustrations in my book open in a way that lets the reader pinch-to-zoom or double-tap and zoom in on them. I've seen an ePub magazine with a special .xml file that seems to do this, but how to click a link in an ePub book that opens an image full-screen zoomable is making me crazy.
..Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks,
JTT
jttraverse is offline   Reply With Quote