View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
EricDP
Groupie
EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, BlackBerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use a 8bit png ADE tends to choke on gifs
Yes, I guess that's what I'll resort to. I had originally tried 8-colour (3-bit) pngs, but that also seemed to cause some problems. Maybe they just don't like indexed images. Fortunately, the 8-bit (grayscale) png is only a little bit bigger, and doesn't sacrifice quality. The book is now 6.0MB, up from 5.3MB, which is a lot better than the 10MB version with jpgs.

Thanks!
EricDP is offline   Reply With Quote