View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by richiewaweru View Post
Am running Win Xp SP3 on a laptop. I've installed Calibre 0.9.10 but whenever i try to start it i get this error.

Python function terminated unexpectedly
Failed to load the Progress Indicator plugin: DLL load failed: This application has
failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling
the application may fix this problem. (Error Code: 1)

I've tried renaming:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your logon name>\Application Data\calibre
to:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your logon name>\Application Data\calibre.old

and it still wont start. Can anyone help me out?
Well, that test proved that there was not a corrupt calibre configuration.

Other possibilities (all with your laptop's configuration), Anti-virus/firewall blocking, not the official Calibre download, the PATH (variable) has a different Python before Calibre
here is mine (XP pro) for reference
Code:
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program
Files\Calibre2\
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote