View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #70
Mayzshon
Enthusiast
Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I would point out that romances & erotica are selling *amazingly* well in ebooks. That I can name, off the top of my head, a dozen romance/erotica DRM-free publishers, thriving in a market where the "big 6" publishers are screaming about losses.

Yes, I'm rather embarassed by the fact that an erotic title I released under a pen name, outsells my non-erotic titles by about 15 to 1.

As far as sex in my non-erotic works, sex plays an important role in my work, but I almost never write sex scenes, largely because I don't trust my ability to write them well. But more importantly, I write comedies, and I find writing around sex scenes (finding ways to tell you what happened without actually saying what happened) to be both funnier and more fun to write.
Mayzshon is offline   Reply With Quote