View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by exjimmy View Post
I'm new to Calibre as of about 1 hr ago so bear with me .....

I have setup the calibre-server on a Linux box and have it running os a daemon
I have the GUI running on a mac pointing to the linux library with an afp share.

It all works fine connection wise and I can add books and meta no problem.

My question is, will this work or have I missed something. I worried about things like DB locks and indexes.

I do not want to run X on the linux box all the time and also found the linux GUI was not as good at collecting metadata as the Mac version (did not try to tweak it at all, so that is probably just me :-).
It is just you
Calibre is built from the same code, so other than OS efficiencies, they should work the same.

Calibre was not designed for Client-server operation, so ONLY one user should connect to the database/library at a time

Moderator Notice
Moved to Library Managment. This is not a Device issue

Last edited by theducks; 04-08-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Moved
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote