View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #64
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
EDIT later: I also find lacking the way to manage new files on the DR.
Imagine the above scenary: I sync some new file to an INBOX folder on the DR, then I have a application in the DR which lets me to move to any folder on the SD card or create a Shortcut (this is the way I use to "mark" those files as "to-read-first").
For the Shortcut-part of the story I am working on a new hack that is similar to the MustRead-functionality that I had on the R1.7.1. This allows to tag new documents that will show in the MustRead-view and once they are read are removed from it. (Sometimes you add a document to the DR that you want to read when you have some time in the future, so you add it to a 'mustread'-view and can quickly find it later.

Moving files on the DR would indeed be a cool extension. The problem is that the current file-dialogs on the DR are a little cumbersome, so a dedicated DR folder/file selection widget would be nice to have to create the move-file feature.

I am also working on a hack that allows you change the title and author on the DR AND to block UDS from updating title and author each time you open a (pdf-)document that has embedded author and title properties.

All to follow somewhere in the future...

Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote