Thread: Looks nice!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Looks nice!

This little critter looks quite pleasing.

I've recently bought an iRiver Story, and am quite happy with it (a few firmware niggles, sadly), but if I'd been aware of the Kobo first I might well have gone that way.

My biggest issue with choosing what to buy was that I live in Australia, and almost none of these devices is sold or supported here. Buying online is all very well, but there isn't much consolation if the device turns out to be faulty, and I really think you need to get your hands on an eBook reader before settling on one -- there are some things yu can't make your choice of comfortably from just a photo on a webpage. Plus, everyone I know here who's bought a device online that had to be shipped to Australia has been charged import duties by Customs. And the things are already expensive enough!

Anyway. I expect the situation will change as the market matures and sales start to pay for the R&D. I hope we see some really impressive devices.

In the meantime, good luck to the Kobo!
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote