View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:58 AM   #15
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
After resisting it for a long time, I finally followed Hitch's advice to upload epubs to the KDP. I have mostly worked in html, and if I use Word for any reason I convert it to html at the word2cleanhtml.com website. I have developed a fairly comprehensive style sheet, which I add to the word2clean file (which does require some checking). I then open the html in Sigil and build a good epub with cover, metadata, and TOC. I then upload that epub to the various retailers including Amazon KDP.

So I really never touch a mobi file at all, never mind Calibre (which, as others have said, won't make it past the KDP Kopz in some instances).
Be still my beating heart.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote