View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
Shell30Bell
Avid Reader
Shell30Bell began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone
I'm currently using Megareader as the number of books I have on my iPad makes iBooks a PITA to use with it's lack of author grouping, so the tweaking I do may not be applicable to Stanza.

When I load a book in to Megareader I edit the metadata in Calibre first, including replacing the cover image if the original is not the one I want. While still in Calibre I then tweak the file so that the title and author's name is how I want it displayed in Megareader. To tweak the file, I right click on the book title and select Tweak Book. I then select Explode ePub. From there I open the .opf file - I have a Mac so I open the .opf file with the TextEdit app. From there I amend any of the details I need to amend e.g. Title, Creator, etc. I then save the amended file and select Rebuild ePub. Once I have done that I will convert the ePub file to Mobipocket and then convert the Mobipocket file back to ePub. When I transfer the file in to Megareader using iTunes the amended details are displayed as I want them to be including the amended cover.

Last edited by Shell30Bell; 03-28-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Shell30Bell is offline   Reply With Quote