View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #46
MikeNorrish
MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.MikeNorrish 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo
Locale determines affiliate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The ad display is not in the reading firmware. the reading firmware is designed to be replaced based on locale.
Is that also how the device determines which affiliate store / authentication server it should associate itself with? Or is that determined by some other means...?

As of now, a factory reset of my device sets it to use a local affiliate (contra to the default configuration, out of the box, which uses no affiliate). I've been considering trying to find where this is set on the device via telnet before setting it up with the desktop app, but if it's a simple matter of setting the locale of my machine before running setup, then obviously that's going to be a much easier option...
MikeNorrish is offline   Reply With Quote