View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #264
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post

They can trace what, exactly?

This isn't a utility bill, and no proof of residence or photo ID is required anywhere along the way.
i dont know. i was just responding to the idea that a digital watermark would somehow impede the reading of the book. as if every page would have some annoying thing underlying the words.

but it was the suggestion of the article that it could be used to trace a book to its origin. if its embedded in the file then it wouldn't matter how it was downloaded. all copies could be traced to the original. how they trace the original to the copier is another matter. if it was me(and if i were trying to implement something of this sort- which im not) i would find a way to corrupt the files if the tag/mark was removed to make them unreadable or have a way to corrupt the copies when found. make them self-destructing.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote