View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #40
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
You did notice that the limitation is imposed on ANY vendor who will offer (at any price) Windows 8 ARM devices? The price of "Surface" has nothing to do with that business practice.
I see, I didn't pay attention to that distinction. Anyway, there is still the possibility they are subsidizing these ARM tablets with a big ad campaign and subsidies for promotional activities by the manufacturers. My guess is that MS will have quite a long haul before this becomes profitable. The last they would want is that all these tablets are being hacked to become Linux or Android devices.

If a manufacturer sees a market for a Linux tablet it should be quite easy to take the same or very similar hardware?

Last edited by HansTWN; 08-16-2012 at 09:54 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote