View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Toast modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Hi, I'm having trouble with line spacing in Kobo Glo too.

After doing this I find I can adjust the line spacing in the reader, but at the minimum setting the lines have far too much space, way more than the original .epub did. Does anyone know if there a way to reduce the minimum line spacing without losing the ability to adjust it in the reader?

(The book I'm having trouble with is at http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog...ast/toast.epub in case the problem is something specific to this book.)
I looked at the book on my Glo and the lines looked okay but the space between paragraphs was minimal. When I changed from Charis SIL2 to Amasis, the line space increased dramatically, Then trying other fonts, the Gothic MB 101 and Ryumin gave the greatest line spacing -- as you said, the lines looked double spaced.

I opened the book in Sigil and looked through the stylesheet.css in the epub. As well as line-height: normal, most of the paragraph styles had a min-height: 13px line. I removed the min-height lines, changed the font sizes to be centered around 1em rather than .70588em (kept me from having to change the font size when I read the book), changed the text align from justify to left, replaced a mass of <p><br /></p> lines with <p>&nbsp;</p> lines to allow blank lines to show when reading the epub and added a cover image. Best I could do in 5 minute time limit.

When I put the book back on my Glo, the styling still looks poor but the line spacing does not vary as badly with font changes.

I'm going to attach a copy to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: epub toast.epub (224.6 KB, 389 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 12-05-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: usual typos....
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote