View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #29
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Wow I didn't know they shut down some of the production. I have had mine a few weeks, and no problems, other than the shadows down at the bottom. I think Kindle management is a bit arrogant not mentioning that. I have a love hate relationship with them (like Apple). I really do love their products, but the Paperwhite they built up so much that of course even with their good product it isn't what they advertised.

Still I am lucky to have a good unit. I will hold on to this unit for a few years. Money doesn't grow on my trees
Note that I didn't claim to know anything about shutting down production. It is just 'as if' they had. Maybe it is just that they are diverting supply to other markets (Europe, Japan). But it seems odd that you can't get a PW from Amazon before Christmas in Amazon's primary market, the USA. They are losing sales that will never come their way again (unless it is part of some plan to sell more Kindle Fires). I'm sure the reasons are more complicated than I can imagine however.

Last edited by tomsem; 12-04-2012 at 02:03 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote