View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #228
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Before I got Scrivener and before dual screens were standard, I used to use two machines with the same word processing software. They were both synched by cable, one with the current project, the other with all notes and research etc.

Now, with Scrivener I just use the one program and two screens. I synch with Dropbox between desktop and portable systems (I don't trust iCloud - too many dramas) and it all works beautifully.
Interesting... *she looks at her desk, considering the possibilities* I don't know if I have room for a second screen, but my tv can be used as a second display. All I'd need is a cable. Maybe I can work something out over there.

Something similar I have done is working on my laptop with the project open in Scrivener and researching on the Dell Duo in tablet mode right next to me. I find it helpful to keep the project in front of me - I'm less likely to go off on a tangent. Something else I like to do with the Duo is collect photos that inspire me or bring to mind scenes for the story, and when I feel bogged down I can reach over and swipe the screen to flip through them.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote