View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
My Paperwhite arrived today

and, as far as I can tell, the screen is flawless. No hotspots or color blooms, at least not yet. I only spent as long on it as needed to get it hooked up to house wifi, and it's charging as I type.

The spotlight effect is faint but noticeable along the bottom of the screen, but I don't imagine that it will annoy me as I get used to it - it only goes up a line or so onto the screen itself.

It was a bit of a challenge getting the house wifi password entered (oops, that's a B, not an 8!), but I was impressed at the touch screen sensitivity - not too much, not too little, and the virtual keyboard had the keys nicely sized for my fingers.

I won't be able (well, won't be willing) to take it out of the house until the case I ordered for it arrives - I'd be worried about damaging the screen if I toss it into my purse unprotected.

But I'm so excited! First thing I do, before I load any books on it even, is to play with fonts...
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote