View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
I purchased a 700 and decided to cancel the order. The screen contrast is a very important feature. I'm not into the touchscreen at all, in fact, I don't really like touching my screens. The many comparison pictures on this site spoke volumes to me. I did, however, really want the light that was built-in.

Instead of getting the 700, I ordered a 550 and the light wedge. I can't believe how good the screen quality is. The light is OK, good enough for reading in perfect darkness. I think each person will have their own opinion on the 700 vs the 550, but for me the screen made the most difference. The pictures posted on this forum show a clear difference in clarity and contrast. In my opinion, if you are going to buy an e-ink device, why settle for a screen that looks no better than an LCD screen? You can get a backlit ebookwise-1150 that has stylus for much less money. You could also buy several types of PDAs and Tablet PCs that actually look much better for reading in the dark and that are also touchscreen. Again, this is just my opinion, but the 700 just doesn't seem like a smart buy to me.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote